Newcastle Integrated Domestic Abuse Service:
0191 214 6501
Works with men and women experiencing domestic abuse.
- 24-hour telephone service which provides information, advice and guidance, carries out an assessment of need and also admits people into the service
- Crisis accommodation and resettlement support for women and their children with 1, 2 and 3 bedroomed self-contained apartments on a safe and secure site. One of the units is fully compliant with the Disability Discrimination Act
- Specialised support for children, young people and families who are accessing the integrated service
- Preventative outreach support for men and women
- Independent Domestic Violence Advocacy (IDVA) and Independent Sexual Violence Advice (ISVA) for people at high risk of harm
- Support for men to access safe accommodation
West End Women and Girls DV Peer Educators
0191 273 4942
- 1 to 1 support for people aged 11-25 years who have experienced domestic abuse in their own intimate relationships, family relationships or been exposed to domestic abuse between family members
- Preventative domestic abuse workshops and Domestic Violence Champion training to young women in schools, colleges, youth groups and any other setting where children and young people are present
- Safe 4 Life course for all women including those aged over 25
The Angelou Centre
0191 226 0394
- Support, practical advice and help on issues relating to domestic abuse, including honour based violence and forced marriage and a children’s service
- Workers in the centre can speak a number of community languages including Urdu, Punjabi, Hindi, Arabic and French
Newcastle Women’s Aid
0191 261 0504 / 0800 9232622
- Specialist support services for women and girls affected by domestic abuse, including Domestic Abuse Floating Support (DAFS) offering 1 to 1 support and group work focusing on recovery and staying safe, The Recovery Toolkit, The Freedom Programme, and advice and training
Rape Crisis Tyneside and Northumberland
0191 222 0272
0800 035 2794 (helpline Mon-Thurs 6pm-8.30pm, Friday 11am-2pm)
- Information, support and counselling for women and girls aged over 13 who have experienced any form of sexual violence at any time in their lives, including childhood sexual abuse.
Northumbria Police Safeguarding Unit
- The Safeguarding Unit leads on issues relating to child abuse, domestic abuse, rape investigations, management of dangerous offenders (MAPPA) and the protection of vulnerable
Barnardo’s Domestic Abuse Service
0191 478 4667
- The Domestic Abuse Prevention Programme (DAPP) delivers 1:1, 12 week and 26 week behavior change programmes which allow men the opportunity to address their abusive behaviour and reduce risk to partners/ex partners and children.
- Integrated Safety Service (ISS) offers information and support for partners/ex partners of men completing DAPP, including safety planning and signposting to other specialist agencies.
0203 745 7707
- Advice on legal options for front line workers and survivors of domestic abuse who are not eligible for Legal Aid.
- This is a national project with a solicitor based in Newcastle Law Centre.