Feeling down or anxious?
The last couple of years have been tough for us all. If you need a helping hand with your mental health, there is a range of services to support you without the need for referral. And of course you can always speak with your practice team.
If you need urgent help for your mental health, you can phone:
- Crisis team for adults – 0800 652 2863
- Crisis team for children and young people – 0800 652 2864
- Text number for people who are Deaf and/or have communication difficulties – 07919 228 548
Lines are open 24 hours a day. If you or another person have been harmed or are at immediate risk, you may require an emergency response – call 999.
A range of other free services to help you
- Free, safe and anonymous online mental health service (age 16+) at togetherall.com
- Free online support and counselling at qwell.io(age 18+) or www.Kooth.com (11-18)
- A listening ear and emotional support from Tyneside and Northumberland Mind– seven days a week, 8am to 10pm (age 16+) on 0330 174 3174 (charged at local rate)
- If you’re struggling with depression, anxiety or low mood, Vita talking therapy services can help. You don’t need to see a GP first – just call the free service on 0330 0534 230 or visit the Vita website.
- If you are feeling suicidal, anxious or low, or are worried about someone else, you can phone the Samaritans free on 116 123
- If you need support or you are concerned about someone, you can also visit stopsuicidenenc.org
- Visit 111.nhs.ukor call NHS 111
- Text Shout on 85258 to use a free, confidential, 24/7 text messaging support service
- You can also download a range self-help guides